TERMS and CONDITIONS
The following is the text of the terms, conditions and waiver which all entrants must accept when
entering the Temuka Colour Canter.
Terms, Conditions and Waiver
1. I understand that competing in the Temuka Colour Canter (the event) involves the real risk of
serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, heart
attack, dehydration, allergic reaction or accidents. I understand that competing in the event
involves running or walking on public roads used by other people and traffic, and I am aware of the
hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors,
spectators, event personnel, weather conditions, and my physical and mental state of health.
2. I understand that I must not compete in the event unless I have trained appropriately, my
physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner, and I confidently believe that I am
sufficiently fit and healthy to compete in the event.
3. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in
loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated
directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising
out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their
negligence and/or recklessness and the negligence and/or recklessness of others) for all injury,
loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in the event. This release shall
extend to and include: the organisers of the and their associates, including agents, contractors,
employees and volunteers (including medical and paramedical personnel) appointed for the event;
the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted;
any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part
of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner
whatsoever; and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues
forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organisers think desirable during or
after the event.
5. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision,
event rules and the race safety briefing) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a
guarantee of safety. I accept that I have an important responsibility to carefully read and listen to all
safety briefings and to immediately seek clarification on anything which is not entirely clear to me.
6. I consent to the event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the
event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
7. I understand that I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
8. I understand that entry fees are non-refundable.
9. If the event is cancelled due to poor weather or any other condition beyond the control of the
organisers, I accept that my entry fee will not be refunded.
10. I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database. These maybe
used for promotional purposes by event stakeholders. I may unsubscribe from this at any time.
11. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
12. I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, it may
become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, and if that occurs, I consent to
the changes and I agree that each and every one of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that
13. If I am aged under 16 years, I will have these terms and conditions viewed and agreed to by my
legal guardian in order for me to compete in the event, and that legal guardian will be responsible
for my safety during the event.